Using External S3 Buckets
By default, the Hybrik Storage Browser lists all S3 buckets in the AWS accounts that you’ve configured in the Credentials Vault. You can also access S3 buckets outside of your AWS account, as long as your account has been granted access to the bucket, or the bucket is public.
There are two ways to access external S3 buckets. For buckets you will access regularly, you can add external buckets to the list of buckets in the storage browser. If you only need quick, temporary access to a bucket, you can enter the URL of an S3 bucket and instantly browse its contents. We’ll cover both methods in this tutorial.
Adding External Buckets to the Storage Browser
- From the storage browser, select the AWS account that you’d like to use. This account must have access to the S3 buckets you intend to access.
- Click Action and then Manage External Buckets.
- Enter an S3 bucket name, omitting the
s3://protocol. If you want to add multiple buckets, separate the bucket names with a comma or by pressing the Enter key. Click Submit.
- The buckets will be listed in the storage browser alongside S3 buckets that are owned by the AWS account. External buckets are denoted with a blue icon. Click on the bucket name to browse.
- From the Hybrik Storage Browser, select the AWS account that you’d like to use. This account must have access to the S3 bucket you intend to access.
- Click Action, and then click Go To Path.
- Enter the name of the S3 bucket, being sure to precede the name with
- Click Go. The storage browser will load the contents of the selected bucket.